Road Safety at Work: Online Course for Managers
A new on-line course developed by the EASST Academy in partnership with Cranfield University and IRU Academy is now available for anyone with the responsibility for training, supervising and monitoring occupational drivers.
The course will give you the skills to deliver and sustain a robust road safety management strategy, because a safe fleet is in everyone’s interest.
Businesses that adopt a thorough approach to driver safety can benefit from reduced insurance, less damage to vehicles and goods, better staff retention and a significant reduction in working time lost through accidents.
Road safety management systems work, and they work everywhere
This course is delivered online through 10 video lectures led by industry. Real examples are used throughout with accompanying material to read as you go. Rather than dry academic learning - this course is blended with case studies, animation videos and quizzes.
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Evaluate their current position and set new targets
- Manage and assess driver behaviour
- Ensure the safety of fleet vehicles
- Identify necessary training and devise programmes
- Interpret financial data
- Understand how poor road safety affects profitability and reputation
- Make a business case for road safety