Police Recorded Road Accidents 2017
Information on severity of injury and type of road user.
This is a revised version of the bulletin that was originally published on 14 August 2018. Information about the revision is provided in the timeliness and punctuality section of the report.
2016 saw the lowest number of young people killed or seriously injured (KSI) on Welsh roads
- In 2017 there were 4,556 road accidents involving personal injury recorded by the police, a reduction of 365 on 2016 (7.4 per cent reduction)
- These recorded accidents resulted in 6,202 casualties, which was 651 fewer than in 2016.
Within the 6,202 casualties:
- 103 people were killed on Welsh Roads, which was the same as in 2016
- 961 people were seriously injured, which was 44 fewer (4.4 per cent fewer) than in 2016
- 138 people were slightly injured, which was 607 fewer (10.6 per cent fewer) than 2016.