Police Recorded Road Accidents 2018
Information on severity of injury and type of road user.
- In 2018 police forces in Wales recorded 4,215 road accidents involving personal injury, 333 fewer (7.3% lower) than in 2017.
- These recorded accidents resulted in 5,759 casualties, 435 fewer than in 2017.
- There has been a long term fall in personal injury road accidents recorded by police forces in Wales.
- In recent years the number of accidents resulting in serious injury or fatalities has been relatively stable, with the overall decline in accidents accounted for by a continued fall in ‘slight’ injury accidents.
Within the 5,759 casualties:
- 103 people were killed, 2 more (2.0% higher) than in 2017
- 1,028 people were seriously injured, 69 higher (7.2% more) than in 2017.
- 4,628 people were slightly injured, 506 fewer (19.4% fewer) than 2017.