Gwent Police Officers Bring in Results of Roads Policing Operation
A recent roads policing operation took place along the A465, Llangua, Monmouthshire.
Crews from across Gwent joined forces with partners to tackle illegal drivers and bring action upon them.
As a result:
- 29 vehicles were checked for fuel tax evasion.
- 32 vehicles and drivers checked for documentation offences.
- 26 vehicles checked for vehicle condition and road worthiness.
With the following offences identified:
- One male arrested for theft of a motor vehicle.
- One male reported for driving otherwise than in accordance with a driving licence, no insurance and no MOT.
- One female reported for no insurance.
- Three drivers reported for various vehicle defects.
- Five vehicles taken off the road.
- One stolen vehicle recovered.
- Two vehicles seizures.
Local Inspector Arwel Hicks said: 'These results prove there are many out there who continue to flout the laws and we will continue to work hard to bring justice upon offenders and make our roads safer.
Further operations are now scheduled to take place over the forthcoming months to ensure the message is getting out there - we will not tolerate anti-social/illegal drivers on our roads.
Officers will continue to tackle these sorts of issues in order to address the communities concerns but if there is anyone with any information on motorists driving in an anti-social manner, please contact us on 101."