Operation Targeting Drink Drivers in Monmouthshire
Drink driving is still an important priority for Gwent Police and last Friday, 7th June, the East Area Support Unit and local officers ran a specialist traffic operation to make the roads around Chepstow, Tintern and Caldicot a safer place.
During the eleven hour operation a total of 9 people were arrested, two vehicles were seized and three Traffic Offence Reports (TORs) were issued.
The full results were:
- 2 drivers arrested, charged and bailed for drink driving
- 1 driver arrested for drink driving and released with no further action
- 3 arrested for drug driving and released under investigation
- 2 arrested for possession of a Class B drug
- 1 arrested for possession with intent to supply a Class A drug
- 2 vehicles seized for no insurance 3 TORs issued including for drivers with no insurance and driving without due care
Police Constable Thomas Organ said, “Every time someone gets behind the wheel of a vehicle after having a drink or using drugs, the ability to drive or ride safely is seriously affected and the chances of an accident dramatically increases.
“It is disappointing to see that people are still willing to take these risks. We are committed to making the roads around Gwent a safer place and so we will continue to work hard to take those who take these risks off our roads.”